S.F.3.D. Original Fireball
Well, the Fireball S.A.F.S. is almost finished – it needs more detail work (paint).
I made a change on the hydraulic/power lines running from the torso to the lower leg – instead of using the springs and copper wire that came with the kit, I used a plastic coated gray wire from a trashed T.V. set – the wire has printing on it and looks better than the stuff supplied in the kit. The wires need to be shortened a bit, but that’s for later.
The pilot was left out and the cockpit hatch glued down. The decals actually still work as I found out – put a big “R” on the hatch lid and added a red dot.
The color of the letters and instruction text is intended for a green or blue background color – doesn’t work well on yellow. Guess I’ll hand-paint some numbers or additional letters to give the kit more character.
I still haven’t figured out why I never finished this kit when I bought it . . .
20+ years of contemplating the navel . . .
I still have to finish the “Cy-Kill” kit (Blowsperior – Yellow Belmont) and the “Orguss Tank” – got both of them about the same time as the “Fireball”.
The “Orguss” will be built using primer and sanding before painting, unlike the “Fireball” and the “Cyclone”.
. . . special thanks to DC23 for his excellent tutorials and photos – check him out!!